My favourite thing about my job is that I’m on my feet a lot. Working in retail does that to you. Some days I’m on my feet for almost the full shift, walking back and forth. I can walk up to 10k steps at work, which is around 5 miles.
I dream of an office job though, but then I always think how rubbish it must be to be stuck at a desk all day.
When I’m not working, I’m blogging. So I spent the full day at my desk – like now. I’ve been here since 9:30am and it’s currently 3pm. Though I love spending my days off online, I can’t help but feel sluggish.
I’ve teamed up with Furniture at Work, who have sent me over the infograph below detailing some office yoga moves you can do to have a good stretch and feel better at work.
Before the infographic, though, I want to share some of my tips to beating that sluggish feeling you get from being sat on your arse all day!
- Take the stairs, not the lift, where possible.
- Keep getting up often, even if it’s just to walk around the office and get a cup of water.
- Eat light, healthy food such as fruit and salad instead of snacking on dense, fatty food to beat that sluggish feeling.
- Water yourself well.
- Take yourself outside – even if it’s a 10-minute walk on your dinner break to come back feeling energised.
- Join a gym and commit to going, even if it’s just 3 short 30-minute workouts after work.
- Pack your gym bag the night before and take it with you to work, it’s easier to go straight from work rather than going home to have to leave the house again!
- Try a morning workout before you hit the office to see if it works for you.
- Search YouTube for 10 minute HIIT workouts!
- See if your work has a cycle to work scheme.