Christmas is coming SO SO SO SO SO SOON!
I wanted to put together a list of fitness related things I want for Christmas to help you if you know someone who is a fan of keeping fit and don’t know what to get them for Christmas, or if you want to get me something for Christmas but don’t know what to get me. 😉
- Sports Bra – I can’t count how many time I’ve rummaged around in a morning looking for a sports bra. They’re essential for running and I can’t go to the gym without one! You can get them in different funky patterns, colours and styles and they make a great gift that’s actually useful.
- A book about fitness – there’s nothing like a fitness or running related book to inspire – whether it’s fiction, a biography or a book around the science of fitness, they’re all great reads for people who love (or want to love) exercise.
- Medicine Ball – medicine balls are great for toning and strengthening and give you a different way to working out than your usual weights. These are something I want to start experimenting with, I see them at the gym but because I have no idea how to use them, I’m all RUN AWAY!
- Slogan Tee – I love a good slogan t-shirt like this – whether it’s a shirt with a funny quote such as running to drink wine, or what that has a motivational quote, they’re always a winner!
- Workout Journal – another way to stay motivated is to keep a journal of your workouts. You can do this easily on your phone but to be honest, I prefer the old pen and paper approach when it comes to tracking things like this! There are loads of workout diaries out there and they make great gifts.
- Winter Running Top – it’s cold but I still want to run! Last year I asked my Mum for a long sleeved running top for Christmas to help me through winter and it was a great gift – not only for running but to throw on after the gym on your way home.
- Sports Socks – just like a sports bra, socks are something I’m always scrambling around for! I find if I don’t wear socks designed for exercise or running, I am much more prone to blisters!
- Kettle Bells – as with medicine balls, these have been something I’ve been wanting to experiment with lately. I’ve had a play at the gym but feel a bit stupid – I’d love my own set to get myself started. With the amount of YouTube videos around nowadays, I bet there’s loads using kettle bells I could follow long with!
What’s on your fitness wish list?