In my January Degustabox, I was sent this Alfa One Rice Bran Oil. Being a big salad lover, I wanted to make a dressing out of it to add to a quinoa salad.
I’ve been making a lot of quinoa salads lately, quinoa has great health benefits and has a high protein content.
400g tin kidney beans
200g tin sweetcorn
2 fresh peppers
1. To make quinoa, you wash it and then boil it like rice in 1 part quinoa and 2 parts water. You basically treat it as rice and wait for the water to evaporate.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, dice and slice your onion, pepper and coriander.
3. Mix them all together then add in the quinoa.
Easy, right? This is such a lovely salad to make – everything is so fresh and has so much flavour. The coriander makes all the difference.
4 tbsp bran oil
2tbsp cider vinegar
1 clove garlic
1. Dice the garlic, shallot and coriander into tiny pieces.
2. Add to the oil and vinegar.
I mixed the dressing in with the quinoa. I then ate it with a side salad and olives.
This made enough quinoa to make a further 4 salads, I put it in a plastic tub in the fridge so it’s ready to go when I need! It stays fresh for around 5-6 days.
I’ve started making this on my days off work, it means when I finish work after a long day, it takes me around 2 minutes to make a healthy dinner!
Do you make your own dressing? What do you put in it?