Hello December! Can you believe it’s the end of 2016?
That brings us closer to 2017. With new years comes to goals. A lot of us set goals around fitness. Rather it’s to shed a few pounds, get healthy or run a 10k.
Fitness doesn’t have to be about going to the gym and slogging it out on the cross trainer for an hour. Routines like this get boring quickly and then we end up making excuses not to go to the gym.
So why not make 2017 a bit different and do something new? Try adding a bit of variety to your routine, we often forget exercise can be fun!
So why not try some of the following:
- Join a local boot camp and make friends.
- Look into joining a cross fit gym.
- Try every fitness class at your gym.
- Sign up for half a marathon.
- Set yourself the challenge of doing 10 push ups.
- Buy some Proline Skates and re-live your childhood.
- Buy one of those big trampolines and spent 10 minutes a day on it.
- Do a squat challenge.
- Take snowboard or ski lessons at your nearest slope.
- Do a 30 day yoga challenge on YouTube.
- Get a Fitbit and challenge your friends to who can do the most step in a week.
- Start geocaching.
- Try out Zumba.
- Take an adult ballet class.
- Just dance – get the Xbox Kenect out and play active games.
- Cycle to work – also saves on bus fare or petrol.
- Get a workout buddy to keep you motivated.
What new things will you try in 2017?