Danna Richards is my new inspiration in life. On her daily vlogs, where she talks about what she eats, she did some vegan sushi bowls that looked delicious. So I decided to create my own version of hers. Mainly replacing the rice with bulgarwheat and quinoa.
This is such a delicious, filling meal and filled me right up after an intense gym session.
- 100g bulgar wheat and quinoa mixed
- 100g tofu
- half a red onion
- a handful of mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- a handful of grated carrots
- a handful of edamme soya beans
- half an avocado
- a handful of bell peppers
- a sheet of seaweed
- wasabi paste
- soy sauce
You can play around with the veggies as you wish, adding more or less or even different ones. The world is your oyster. Or something like that.
- Rinse the quinoa and bulgar wheat then boil in 400ml water for around 25 minutes
- Chop and stir fry the tofu, mushrooms, garlic and onion in soy sauce until browned.
- Prepare the rest of the vegetables.
- Put the quinoa and bulgar wheat and in a bowl and arrange your toppings around it.
- Finish it by tearing a seaweed sheet up and adding a dab of wasabi paste.
- Regret the wasabi paste if you’re an extremist like me and added too much.
I tried to calculate this on my fitness pal and it came to around 500 calories with around 60g of carbs, 25g of fat and 30g of protein. Not bad for something so filling!