When I got my latest Degustabox, I was determined to use it to inspire me into trying out some new vegetarian recipes.
One of the items I was sent, were these ramen style kabuto noddles and I knew I wanted to use them as a side for something else. Wanting to experiment with portobello mushrooms for a while, I took this idea and ran with it.
Mozzarella and Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms with Noodles
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Cook time: 25 minutes.
Mozzarella (75g for 2 mushrooms, 150g for 4)
Green or red pesto
Note: If you want to ensure this recipe is vegetarian, ensure you have got mozzarella and pesto suitable for vegetarians. Some versions use animal rennet which is a product that comes from the stomach lining of unweaned animals such as a calves, goats or lambs.
1. Preheat the oven on 180c.
2. Line a baking tray with foil and place the mushrooms on them.
3. Mix 2 table spoons of pesto in a cup with 1tsp white vinegar.
4. Slice the mozzarella and place inside the mushrooms.
5. Spread the pesto mix on top
6. Drizzle with a small amount of oil
7. Place in the oven for 25 minutes
8. 5 minutes before the mushrooms are done, pour boiling water onto the noodles.
9. Prepare a bed of salad for the mushrooms.
10. Place the cooked mushrooms on the salad and half a pot of noodles per serving.
11. Season with parsley, pepper and salt to taste.