Hellena is a Yorkshire company (WOO!) that specialises in high quality vitamin, minerals and supplements.
The have recently started a campaign called Love Your Bones, Be Strong.
It’s a campaign to promote self care for women, who are often busy looking after their children, having a career, trying to juggle a million things at once and neglect to look after themselves properly, leaving them feeling exhausted and weak. This happens to me and I don’t even have kids! Just working full time, trying to fit in exercise and blogging is enough to make me sometimes neglect my own health! For me, this generally comes in the form of food. I’ll pick something quick and not too healthy to eat because it’s easier to make, or have a glass of wine after a hard day at work that can turn into a bottle!
The campaign focuses on how important your bones are and how you should keep them healthy.
With this in mind, they e-mailed me about sharing some times about how to keep healthy while running a busy life style.
So here are some tips for a busy lady to ensure she doesn’t forget to take care of herself!
8 quick tips for busy women to stay healthy.
- Enjoy a bath. While this one is purely mental, having a bath can be the perfect way to have a bit of me time. I’ve recently started doing this and feel so relaxed after. Making that time where I’m just on my own listening to music can be a great way to take a break from the world – especially as I’m always on my phone, using Twitter and never feel like I have time to just stop and be still.
- Meal prep. I used to do this all the time but I’ve been so bad at it lately! Making something simple like a bath of quinoa with vegetables that stays fresh in the fridge for at least 5 days is a great way to stay healthy when you’re busy. You can prepare so much food for the week and save time, just search on YouTube for meal prep and there are loads of ideas out there!
- Stick to a bedtime. If I could stick to this advice, my life would be so much easier but one of my worst habits is staying up late and feeling tired in the morning. I struggle sticking to a schedule as I work shifts so work can time from 6am up until midnight! When I’ve had enough sleep, I’m so much more productive and just a better human in general.
- Put down the cigs! Research suggests that smoking can weaken your bones. Not only that, but it can just make you feel rubbish. I know this because I smoked for 10 years. I’ve been a non-smoker for over 2 years now and I’ll never ever go back. It made me feel so lethargic and I felt like I was always putting stuff on hold to go and smoke, so it wasted my time as well as my money.
- Feed yourself properly. Diet has a lot to play in bone health, not only do you need to get enough calcium, but not eating properly can really weaken your bones. Anorexics and bulimics are at a massive risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Regular Exercise. This basically helps a million things. Your bone health, your heart, your energy levels, how well you sleep and how good you feel about yourself. Try it.
- Make time to stop and think. The hardest thing about being busy is that you never actually stop to think about how you’re neglecting your health. Make a conscious effort once every week, or month, just to take a bit of time to think about you diet, exercise and energy levels and if there’s anything you need to do different.
- Get a step tracker. Something like a Fitbit, or even an app on your phone that measures your activity during the day. This can give you a real insight to how active you are and if you need to move a bit more!
Don’t forget to check out the joint care section of Hellena, supplements that can prevent injury and support your joints during the day to day wear and tear!
What are your tips to stay well when you’re busy?